Thursday 29 September 2016

joanna newsom easy

Lyrics from valclaracampoamor.blogspot.com
joanna newsom easy Lyrics, singer by JOANNA NEWSOM

easy, easy
my man and me
we could rest and remain here, easily
we are tested and pained
by what's beyond our bed
we are blessed and sustained
by what is not said

no one knows what is coming
or who will harvest what we have sewn
or how i've been dulling and dumbing
in the service of the heart alone

or how i am worn to the bone
by the river
and in the river made o' light
i'm your little life giver
i will give my life

haven't you seen what i've seen?
don't you know what you ought to do?
i was born to love
and i intend to love you

down in the valley where the fields are green
watch my luck turn, fro, and to
pluck every last daisy clean till only i may love you

i am easy
easy to keep
honey, you please me
even in your sleep
but my arms want to carry
my heart wants to hold
tell me your worries, i want to be told

sit, and see how the fog
from the port in the bay
lays like snow at the foot of the roanoke
hear the frog, going courting
till the day he croaks
saying, even then
how there is light in the river
and there's a river made o' light
c'mon, you little life giver
give your life

who asked you?
asked you if you want to be
loved by me?
who died and made you in charge of who loves who?

all the livelong day
if i have my way, i will love you
but one can't carry the weight
or change the fate of two
i've been waiting for a break
how long's it gonna take?
let me love you

how about it?
how about what i have to say?
how about that livelong day?
how am i gonna stay here without you?

easy, easy
you must not fear
you must meet me to see me
i am barely here
but like a bloody mary
seen in the mirror
speak my name
and i appear

speak my name
and i appear
speak
and i appear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.