Thursday 29 September 2016

joanna newsom '81

Lyrics from valclaracampoamor.blogspot.com
joanna newsom '81 Lyrics, singer by JOANNA NEWSOM

i found a little plot of land in the garden of eden
it was dirt and dirt is all the same
i tilled it with my two hands and i called it my very own
there was no one to dispute my claim

well, you'd be shocked at the state of things
the whole place had just cleared right out
it was hotter'n hell so i laid me by a spring
for a spell as naked as a trout

the wandering eye that i have caught
is as hot as a wandering sun
but i will want for nothing more in my garden, start again
in my hardening to every heart but one

meet me in the garden of eden, bring a friend
we are gonna have ourselves a time
we are gonna have a garden party, it's on me
no, siree, it's my dime

we broke our hearts in the war between
st. george and the dragon
but both in equal parts are welcome to come along
i'm inviting everyone

farewell to loves that i have known
even muddiest waters run
tell me what is meant but sin or none in a garden, seceded
from the union in the year of ad 1?

the unending amends you've made
are enough for one life be done
i believe in innocence, little darlin', start again
i believe in everyone

i believe, regardless, i
believe in everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.